No one wants to have their car damaged in a collision, yet despite our best efforts, accidents do occur, and when your pride and joy is in need of repair and you are looking for a body repair shop, there are many garages that offer such a service. Finding a good one can be a little tricky, and with that in mind, here are some things to look for when sourcing car body repairs.
- Manufacturer Approved – This is the best way to ensure that the work is carried out using genuine parts and done in the correct way. Simply put, Audi or BMW are not going to lend their name to an unreliable provider, and any garage that is approved to work on a specific make of car would have to satisfy the car manufacturer that they adopt best practices. The Internet is always a good source of information, and if a car owner was looking for established panel beaters in Perth, an online search is the best way to locate an approved garage.
- Genuine Parts – Some garages use cheaper components in an effort to keep prices down, but, of course, this usually leads to more issues in the near future. Genuine parts ensure quality, and we a firm policy on using manufacturer approves components, you can be sure to avoid cheap imitations.
- State of the Art Repair Techniques – Like any industry, the auto bodywork repair sector has seen many exciting developments, with paintless dent removal (PDR) being just one of the techniques that can be used to repair bodywork damage, which is both cost effective and reliable. The paint shop would include the very best equipment, and using only manufacturer recommended paint products ensures a lasting repair.
- Comprehensive All Round Service – The modern body repair shop would typically offer their customers free use of a loan car while their vehicle is being repaired, and with a collection and delivery service, you can go about your daily routine without being inconvenienced by the repair work. If the repair shop has adequate resources, it will be days rather than weeks when your car is returned, and in some cases, the technicians would work overtime to ensure they meet their schedules.
- Solid Warranty – Sometimes a body repair might look fine initially, yet after some time has passed, it is clear that corners were cut, which is why you should look for a company that offers a solid warranty on all work carried out. Only a company that is confident that their work is of the highest standard would issue such a guarantee, and with qualified repair technicians who use best practices, you can be sure the repairs will stand the test of time.
Once you have found a garage that ticks all the boxes, you can use their services whenever needed, and even if your car is fine right now, it does make sense to spend a little time sourcing a good repair shop, which might come in very handy at some point in the future.